Friday

The Appointment - Chapter 3 - Twice as Nice : Jasper

Banner By: Nostalgicmiss


"Lookin' for some happiness, But there is only loneliness to find"

George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag

18th March 2009 – Jasper

"Oh fuck,"

"Right there, hold it,"

"Ahh Christ!"

"Keep going Jasper!"

"You're killing me!"

"Don't stop now,"

"Jesus, Louise!"

"That's it!"

"Is it supposed to burn like this?"

"Stop being such a whiner, you've done so well!"

"It's starting to hurt!"

"Oh fine, you can release now."

I fell forward, landing heavily on the thin mattress below me. My legs were literally quivering and my lungs were burning trying to get oxygen back into my body. So much for this being an alternative to my usual five mile morning jog.

"You're a demon you know that, Louise? Pure freaking evil."

She chuckled, offering me her hand and I gladly took it to help me up from the ground. "Oh shut it, you wanted to try something new right, and work on your muscle tone. It's only been three months of our sessions and you've already mastered the Crow and the King Dancer poses. Do you know how advanced that is?"

Louise bent over in her tight grey yoga pants, her golden brown pony tail swishing behind her back as she picked up two bottles of water. She turned, her grin echoing in her grey blue eyes as she tossed a bottle at me that I managed to catch with one hand. I unscrewed the lid and slammed down around half in one go.

"Right, but I don't think I mentioned anything about intensifying my pain threshold in all of this." I winced after bending over to roll up the blue yoga mat from the hardwood floor.

It was mornings like these that I struggled to remember exactly why it was I took Louise up on her offer of training me in the first place. I continued rolling the mat up in my arms and let my eyes wander outside the French doors and onto the thinning fog covering Puget Sound. I sighed inwardly; this had to be one of the best parts about moving back to the west coast. The environment was so completely different from the dry heat I'd left back in Austin. Texas was all I had known for such a great chunk of my life. Coming back here was a massive life change, but it was needed and I had no regrets in my decision. Or the events that lead to me having to make one.

"Earth to Jasper?" The flash of Louise's small hand in front of my face brought me back to the present. I shook my head and turned my head to where she was standing beside me.

"Sorry, L. I got a bit carried away; I sometimes forget how beautiful it is here." I turned giving her a sheepish grin, noticing she'd already packed up her things and looked ready to go.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Did you catch that sunset yesterday? I was on the phone to Jack sitting out on my top deck and the light was just," she sighed a little, her eyes following where mine had previously been out the back doors, "perfect. It has to be one of the best decisions I made to move in while he was away." She looked a little wistful, and I knew she was thinking about Jack, and what he could possibly be doing right now while he wasn't at home with her.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her off balance to my side. "I'm kind of glad you didn't go with him. What would I have done without you for six months while you both traipsed around the countryside with that band of his? At least with you here, I don't have to listen to his band practice into the wee hours of the morning."

She slapped my stomach and backed out from under my arm. "You just wait 'til Jack hears you lied about being "lulled to sleep" by them working out the kinks to Hell on Earth. He even put you on the liner notes for that one!"

"Oh, come on Louise!" I batted my eyes and pouted as she edged toward the front door, chuckling.

"I tell you what, if you bring me back a couple of bagels from Noah's after your run and I just might forget I heard you say any of that."

"But I'm not going on a run," I said, putting the rolled mat back in its place in the small cupboard that housed all my home gym equipment near the back doors. When I turned back, she'd opened the door and was throwing my sneakers at me. I managed to catch them both as she screwed up her nose, there was a reason after all that they were always left outside the front door and in a wooden box with a lid.

"Yeah you are, you've been antsy all morning. I don't think the yoga got it out of you. I'd say you weren't getting any, but don't you actually have a girl for that?" She said with one hand on her hip and a brow raised in my direction.

Damn I had nosey neighbors. I suppose it's what you would expect living virtually on top of each other in the dock where my little houseboat was home. I never saw myself living in the city, too much time outdoors and to myself in my childhood hadn't really endeared me to being cooped up in a box like some of the apartments I'd rented when I first came back. When my Dad had mentioned a friend of his had a houseboat for sale down on the water at Portage Bay, I went and looked for a laugh.

It was completely different from the shack on floaties I'd thought it would be. In reality, it was a house with an extremely close water view. So close that my deck actually sat on the water and I found myself spending time fishing with a few brews in a net hanging off the edge most afternoons in the summer, rain or shine. The thing that really drew me to the place was the open plan living and dining area on the bottom floor, that through retractable floor to ceiling glass doors opened right out onto the bay. When I sat on the lounge and looked out, it was almost though I could imagine that I was somewhere else entirely, just me and the water and the ferry boats passing by. Not surrounded by thousands of people in the bustling city that was Seattle.

Having a neighbor who's bedroom window looked directly into mine from across the dock was also another end to me feeling like I was alone either. The day I moved in, Louise and her partner Jack had popped over to introduce themselves and after Jack helped me carry in a few crates of records I'd brought with me, we bonded over a shared love of old school Stones sound. We got that carried away discussing the merits of who was a better guitarist, Keith Richards or Pete Townshend from The Who, that before we knew it Louise had basically unpacked and setup my whole house. She found dishes I didn't even know I owned, most likely my mother's doing, and managed to get a start on a large pot of spaghetti Bolognese with garlic bread and a tiramisu chilling in my fridge. We hadn't even noticed her leave to get supplies.

I had apologized profusely but she assured me she was used to it, what with being a "rockers old lady" and how Jack and his band would get when they were rehearsing. Still, I made it up to them the following weekend when we were all home with christening my outdoor bbq, only to have Seattle's known rainy weather drown it out. We'd brought everything inside and still managed to have a good time. It had become routine in the last few years to take turns making Sunday dinner when we were all at home.

I spent a lot of time with Louise when Jack was on tour, his band gaining a lot of airplay recently due to the bass player dating some big shot actress in Hollywood, Aileen something or other. Jack and Louise met her and said she was pretty down to earth, a perfect match for the always laid back Jonah. Once Jonah and his girl started getting serious, that left me amongst Louise's close friends as the only single wheel. She was determined to get me dating at the very least, something I didn't really do, hadn't really done in long time and wasn't really that keen on starting again. She was right when she mentioned I had someone to take care of my 'needs", I was a guy after all, not a saint. And this "girl" was someone she'd yet to meet in all the times I'd been having the benefits part of the friends with benefits arrangement we had.

All this extra "tension" I was sporting was all one person's fault and one alone. Damn Isabella Masen and those creamy legs that appeared to go on forever under the skirts she wore to every one of our appointments. The too tight blouses she wore that always showed a hint of exactly what lacy, frilly, sheer, satiny material currently cupped the ample chest she sported. The heels, fuck me, the heels. That woman must have kept Jimmy Choo and Laboutin rolling in the money (and yes, I have a sister, I knew what brand those shoes were and just how much they cost).

Every single Tuesday afternoon I'd come home and have to rub one - or, on the not so rare occasion, two - out. I would have preferred to call my friend, but as a flight attendant, she wasn't always available and at the moment she was out of the country. Tonight however, tonight she was coming back from London and I knew exactly what and who I'd be doing. I needed something warm, sweet, soft and wet to plunge into and not the feel of my own hand, albeit with the accompaniment of some type of lubricant.

If I wanted to enjoy myself tonight and not be a one pump chump for her - and she deserved more than me blowing my load once we got our clothes off - then Louise was probably right, like she always appeared to be.

"Fine, fine. Yes I'm seeing my "friend" tonight and don't think about getting your binoculars out for a show. I'm meeting her over at the Raddison." I couldn't keep the grin off my face just thinking about how much better I'd feel in a few hours. If there was one positive out of having to wait for her to be in town to get off, it was just how fucking good she was at getting me off, and so much more.

I was going to sleep well tonight.

Louise shook her head and chuckled, shouting back at me about the bagels as she shut the door. Bagels, she had to want bagels from Noah's which meant going out of my way on my usual route. Then again, the further I ran, the more relaxed I'd feel when I got back. I jogged up the small wooden staircase to my room. I dug into the clothes basket on the floor and found a clean pair of socks, sitting on the edge of my bed I quickly tied up my red and white Etnies, picked up my iPod shuffle and threw my Rangers cap on and headed down and out the door.


The rhythmic pounding of my feet on the pavement below matched the sounds of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers blasting in my ears. The weather was crisp, even with the sun shining through the grey clouds that threatened snow only a little earlier. The good thing about jogging in winter, especially in Seattle, meant the crowds on my path were virtually nil. Not everyone appeared to enjoy the outdoors, no matter what the season, as much as I did.

It was quiet this morning. I had only passed a few people so far and as usual in the city, not even a polite smile was given in return of my offered one. The only time I'd had any type of human interaction so far was from this cute brunette who was all flustered outside the baseball field. Apparently her daughter, Faith, was busy looking at what appeared to be a half decomposed critter of some kind. I diverged off my path and offered to help Faith "give it a proper burial" after her cries of "but its cold, Momma!" verged on hysterical.

I couldn't help noticing the small sliver of skin that flashed between her jeans and jacket when Faith's mother raised her hands in the air in frustration. I felt my dick twitch. There is nothing more tantalizing than a hint of what lies hidden under a woman's clothes. I mean, just because this woman was obviously a mother doesn't stop me from looking. After all, what's more sexy than a woman with curves in all the right places?

She introduced herself as Jamie after I managed to find enough leaf matter on one of the garden beds to cover the half-eaten creature. I think she blanked out a little after I told her it "wasn't a problem, ma'am." The accent always seemed to affect woman in the strangest of ways. It took Faith quite a few tugs on her arm to bring her back around. It appeared even sweaty, smelly and in my rattiest old joggers I still got the ladies swooning. So with that boost to my ego, I flashed her a toothy grin and headed back on my regular jogging route.

The wind chill factor picked up as I ran over the bridge across Montlake Cut and I picked up the pace passing the Husky Stadium. At ten to eight I knew I had plenty of time to make it to Noah's. Traffic was picking up on the roads so I couldn't afford to let my mind wander. Yet wander it did.

A flash of gold from the roof of one of the passing cars reminded me of the way she'd twist and turn the rings on her finger. That huge diamond solitaire surrounded by emeralds was loud and gaudy, and in the little time I had known Isabella, didn't seem at all her taste. Sure she wore Prada skirts and had Chanel sunglasses constantly perched on her head when she walked into the office. They weren't her though. I was becoming more and more aware as we peeled back a little of her layers at every session that the clothes and accessories were just another front that she put up. Something to hide under, a façade to keep people from seeing exactly who the real Isabella was.

The Isabella whose face would light up like the sun reflecting off the barn back home whenever she talked about her father and growing up in a small town. We were alike in that fashion. I'd spent most of my life in a small town as well; we had a large ranch and until I hit High School the only other kids I'd played with were my Father's housekeepers kids.

I still kept in touch with them, not as often as when I was still living in Texas. Even after all I'd done to them, they still managed a text or an email. Maria would still call every Sunday evening once my father had fallen asleep, or passed out to let me know how everything was going. She wouldn't stop, no matter what had occurred and how I had treated her, and I had put her through the worst out of them all.

Isabella reminded me a lot of Maria. They were both larger than life. Their personalities and smiles could fill a room with warmth like sitting beside the campfire in the fall. Isabella's eyes even matched Maria's, though Isabella's had more gold inside them. She still had that spark, that fire that showed a thirst and a want for more. It appeared every time she started talking - no more like bragging about her recent conquest. Sexy B as she called herself, the differences between Sexy B and Isabella were becoming more and more obvious every time we talked.

Isabella. Even her name held intrigue. She was constantly harassing me to call her Bella, but I was hesitant to give in. On one hand, I knew that she often referred to herself in the third person and at our session last week had actually called herself Bells several times. I still wasn't completely sure what that meant, but my medical knowledge knew it was just another obstacle for us to explore.

Then on the other, calling her Bella, calling her anything less than her full name felt like it would be blurring the patient/doctor line. The way she said it though, the sexy tone that dripped from her every word when she was trying to get me to do something for her, drove me insane.

I shook my head trying to drive her from my thoughts and pushed my feet into the ground harder. I couldn't think about her in any other manner. She was a patient. She was my first patient since I finished my studies. How bad would it look to have anything bar a professional relationship with your first patient? I turned up Scar Tissue a little louder and concentrated on the road in front of me.

It wasn't long before I was running through the carpark at University Village and hoping the line at Noah's Bagels wouldn't be too long. I could smell the sweet bread as I got closer and I heard my aching stomach growl even over the sounds of the music in my ears. I pulled out my ear buds as I slowed to a walk, noticing a crowd formed under the outdoor heating lamps. I myself was sweating so much from the run, the cold wasn't really that noticeable. Thank goodness I'd grabbed my old UT hoodie before I'd left. I pushed down my hood and put my sunglasses on top of my hat, thinking more about the benefits of choosing the Santa Fe egg wrap over the bacon and cheddar Egg Mit sandwich when a familiar floral scent filled my senses and a small form literally crashed into me.

My hands shot out of their own accord and braced the woman's shoulders. I chuckled looking down past the chocolaty brown mess of hair on her head, that looked either like she'd just had a good roll in the hay or had woken up and not bothered with a brush. I hoped for her sake it was the former.

"Hey there, ma'am, what's the rush?" I asked, easing her body from mine, my hands unwilling to leave her shoulders until I knew she was alright.

"Oh nothing, I just wasn't watching where I was going sorry," she muttered, her small form pushing off my body and with a frustrated groan, she bent down to the ground.

When she'd bumped into me it appeared she'd dropped a box of bagels on the ground. I bent down beside her, pressed the box into some sort of shape, and hoped it would hold the somewhat ruined bagels that had managed to stay inside. As I held the box in one hand, I offered her the other that she took. Her hand felt so small and soft in my own. As she flicked her auburn locks behind her head, I was hit with this intensely sweet fragrance. When she raised her head to mine, I realized just why the scent of freesias, honey and mint was so familiar.

"Mrs. Masen," I stuttered.

"Why hello there, Doctor." For a moment, for just a few seconds there her face registered something apart from the coquettish look she was now giving me. I'd seen that look a few times now, the one I usually got when I asked something that pushed her that little bit further than she liked. Then it would change and her "Sexy B" persona would be in control. Complete with the smoldering eyes and teeth biting into that plump bottom lip that I was getting now.

Seductress be thy name.

"Care to give a girl a hand?" She said once those expressive eyes met mine. I'd never heard the word hand sound so completely filled with innuendo before.

I was at half chub just from that one word.

Well her intoxicating sweet scent and close proximity of my body to hers probably didn't help either.

It was a combination of all those things that caused my feet to follow her to her car and nod yes when she offered to drive me home. I didn't really register what I had agreed to until I was already in the car, seat belt buckled and admiring the purr of the engine as she floored it down 45th street after asking me if she needed to turn left or right.

Shit. What was I thinking? She wasn't supposed to know where I lived!

It was too late now, I suppose I could always get her to pull up somewhere and just pretend it was my house. Then again, with all the houseboats on the marina, she probably wouldn't be able to figure out which one was mine anyway. I wasn't completely sure I wanted to be away from that smell yet either, no matter how bad I knew this situation could be construed if anyone saw us. That sweet scent of Bella, one I was used to permeating the office during our sessions, was even more concentrated here in her car. Which, was pretty damn gorgeous and quite the sexy vehicle. I wondered with what I knew about Edward, why he would have approved her having a car like this. He appeared to be the safety before speed type of guy.

"Jasper?"

Ahh crap. Had she been talking to me whilst I daydreamed?

"You know, while you're this close, Doc, you could just lick me to see if I taste as good as I smell," she chuckled.

Oh dear lord. I pulled myself upright and back into my chair, clearing my throat.

I'd been leaning into her. Not only had I been leaning into her, I'd been leaning into her and sniffing. And to top it all off, it appeared I'd been doing those two things and I had actually spoken the words that I had thought in my head.

Great work Jasper Cullen. You really are doing well with this Doctor/Patient relationship distance thing aren't you?

"I really shouldn't trouble you for a whole ride home, Bella. I'll just get out here." The car was stationary. I knew the neighborhood well enough to get home from wherever we were. For some reason, my large hands couldn't push the button down to get me out of my seatbelt. Several tries later and I noticed her body shaking as her bubbling laughter echoed about the interior.

"You could do that, but maybe you should wait till the bridge comes down first. Unless you plan on jumping in the river to swim? But with how cold it is outside, I wouldn't recommend it."

I looked up from where I was still trying in vain to get myself unhooked and noticed she was right, the University Bridge was still raised. How had I let it get to this? How in the hell did I even say yes to getting in the car? Why did I have to be the good gentleman that my mother had brought me up to be and offer to walk her to her vehicle and then graciously accept her offer of a ride?

This, this is all your fault, I scolded my dick as it lay there at half mast in my pants. Thank god my sweats were the baggy type.

She was right though, the sound of the rain was becoming heavier on the windscreen. Well, it wasn't like we had to go much further anyway. I might as well sit in here and suffer silently. Yet I still wasn't too keen on her finding out where I lived. I sighed, sitting back in my seat and tapping my fingers nervously on my leg. This was such a bad idea. I could see the smirk etched on her face as she tried to hold in the laughter I knew was waiting to burst out.

"Go on then," I rolled my eyes, knowing that she'd probably burst if she didn't get it out of her system.

She snuck a sideways glance at me from under those thick, dark lashes of hers then rattled the car with her laughter.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Just get it out of your system already," I huffed, unable to stop the smirk forming on my own lips. I could appreciate the fact that I'd let her get to me and forgot for a moment where I was.

After her giggles died down we sat there in relative silence. It wasn't uncomfortable or felt like it needed to be filled with inane chatter. It was… nice. Too nice. So nice that I had time to sneakily glance sideways and notice that she'd unbuttoned her red and black checkered jacket revealing what looked like a really old Huskies Baseball shirt. It was probably once white but now was more of an off cream with fraying on the hem. On top of that, it appeared to be missing a few key buttons. Like the one's that were supposed to be hiding the plain white cotton bra, with a hint of black ribbon tracing the top edge.

My dick, that was already a little uncomfortable and threatening to make itself known in my loose pants, was now verging on causing embarrassment. Please go down, please don't leave little to the imagination if Bella looks over here at my crotch. Of all the things that woman hand worn or not worn in my office, this innocent piece of cotton was going to be my downfall. I managed to not react to the lace, not react to the satin. But fuck me, white cotton? Innocent looking white cotton with that hint of the bad girl from the black ribbon winding its way across the top of those lush globes that, if I was honest I fantasized about touching a LOT more than a doctor should EVER fantasize about his patient. Or even THINK about her tits in general. Fucking white cotton.

I really needed out of this car and fast.

Then I felt it, this drip on my cheek. I wiped it away quickly, hoping Bella wouldn't notice. Was I crying over this? Surely not, I didn't remember tearing up. My eyes didn't feel any different. Then another drop hit my nose. Now I knew I wasn't crying, and stealing a look at Bella, she wasn't.. crying or sneezing or whatever for liquid to hit me so, what the fuck was it? Another drip and this time I caught where it came from.

There in the roof of her car were four perfectly spaced perforations, with a space and then another four. What the hell would do that to a car? I pondered over this, moving out of the way of the drips that were coming a lot faster now that the rain had picked up and looked to be turning to sleet if I was lucky enough. Maybe it had been a good thing she picked me up. It was rain and cold and I wasn't really looking forward to jogging back in this shit. The Texan in me longed for the dry heat and not the wet, this weather although beautiful in many ways, wasn't exactly me.

I pointed out the turn toward Portage Bay Place and got her to stop a few houses down from where my dock was. A little water wouldn't hurt me and from the persistent drips that the roof was leaking, my head and shoulders were pretty much damp anyway.

"Well thanks for this, Bella. I would have been a drowned rat if you hadn't of bumped into me," I said after managing to get my belt off the first go this time and place my hand on the door handle.

She shifted in her seat, giving me yet another view of those oh so viriginally wrapped up ta tas and I managed to remember my manners and avert my eyes. Only to have a drip of water fall right into one of them. Nice.

"Not a problem, Jasper. Anytime, especially if you're going to keep calling me Bella like I've been asking you for nearly a month now. It was, kind of nice seeing you outside the office." She ran her pink tongue out between her lips and it was only now that I realized her face did actually look different. Usually she came into the office dolled up to the nine's with makeup and eyeliner and that glossy shit girls put on their lips to make them shine. Today though, today there wasn't a trace of makeup on her face and it kind of stopped me in my tracks. She was really quite beautiful when she wasn't hiding under one of her many layers.

Agh! I shouldn't be thinking things like this, and I shouldn't be calling her Bella. When the hell did I decide to do that? Score another one for the dick thinking for the brain today. Great!

"Um, I can't promise anything," I muttered with as much strength as my weak voice could manage, blood and brain waves currently pooling between my legs and not enough around the brain part of me to make much more sense.

"And before I go, Isabella. Have you and Edward got a cat at home?"

She shook her head and looked a little lost, "No, why?"

I pointed to the half circle holes in the roof that were still dripping like mad with the rain.

"Oh," she paused, "oh, no, I know about those. Um, it's okay, I know someone who can take care of it," her eyes sparkled after she explained away her confusion. Sparkled a lot like the way they sparkled in our sessions when she'd attempt to goad me into doing things with her while she talked about her latest conquest. I was starting to wonder if she'd ever be able to get that needing part of herself satisfied. Obviously, with the look she had now, it was going to be longer than I had anticipated.

"Just be careful, Isabella. I expect to see your book next Tuesday. Please don't forget." She gave me a half grin and I could see in her face that she was already thinking about who exactly she was going to get to take care of things, and I'm sure that statement didn't include more than the roof.

"

No problems, Doc. I'll keep it up to date." The tone in her voice just confirmed my assumptions; it had that flirty flair matched with that eye wink she gave me. Whoever was about to "take care of things" was a dead man, but he would be a thoroughly satisfied dead man.

I shook my head and stepped out of the car, with a quick honk and a squeal of tires, the little charcoal car disappeared from sight. I stared after it for a few minutes before the chilly wind off the lake found me. I remembered I was out here, wet and freezing, and most likely going to catch a cold if I didn't get my ass inside and into a hot shower. I ran down the stairs and along the deck, only stopping once I hit the awning over my front door.

I was wiggling the keys with my wet shaking hands into the door knob when a loud voice broke out over the sound of the rain on the tin roof.

"You forgot my fucking bagels didn't you!"

Fuck. Looks like I'd have to kiss the shower goodbye for the moment. Luckily I had my bike fueled and under cover in the garage. Well, if I was already wet and cold, a quick trip back to Noah's wasn't going to hurt me anymore. I ran back up the stairs and opened the door to the garage. I just straddled the Interceptor's seat when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I wasn't expecting to see that name when I flipped it open.

"Dr J, sorry about the roof getting you all wet. Let me know if there's any way I can make it up to you. Anyway at all. -Bella"

Before I could answer it buzzed again,

"And don't think I didn't miss you checking out the girls, anytime you want a closer inspection, just say the word. -B"

I could literally kick myself. This number was supposed to be for emergencies only. I guess I'd blurred that line by getting in the car with her, so much for keeping it strictly professional. I'd let her have an inch and I knew she'd take a mile.

This wasn't the best of plans, Jasper old boy.

When my phone buzzed a third time, I was kind of apprehensive about looking. I couldn't help but sigh in relief when the familiar picture of who was texting showed up.

"Don't forget, five pm Raddison. I'm under the name Betty Boop. Missed ya big boy! Xoxox -A"

Fuck yes, I'd work out all that tension tonight and be completely over any ideas that seeing Bella, no Isabella, in that white bra of hers conjured up. My girl was flying in and I was definitely getting off.

But first, back to Noah's for those Bagel's or I wouldn't hear the end of it.


Previous ~ Next

0 comments: